IT'S MY BIRTHDAY !!!!
And just in case you couldn't gauge from the title I am indeed 27 today :) Now I've seen a few of these types of posts around and I thought it would be fun so here are 27 things I have learnt from my 27 years of being on the planet, some serious some not.
1. Don't let anyone ever make you believe that you're not good enough, just prove them wrong because you are.
2. Carbs are not the devil in fact they are life and make up the majority of my diet.
3. I will never like mushrooms so I need to stop trying
4. The cheesy music of the 90s and 00s will always be my soundtrack no matter how old I am or the occasion. Sorry Elliot
5. I should never have gone for that free hair cut when I was in London ... it wasn't worth the horrendous choir boy cut I came back with
6. You find love when you are not looking
7. I'm totally ok with posting pictures of me wearing minimal clothing for the whole internet to see
8. Even though I have food intolerances I will still get eye rolls everytime I ask for a certain menu or dish because of them. The joys of free from diets becoming the new health fad.
9. String vests and octopus trousers should never have been worn.
10. I'm glad I grew up in an age without social media, I think the pressure surrounding young people these days is scary and I hope I can protect my future children from it.
11. Your imagination is incredible so explore it. I am so happy that my childhood was filled with games and make believe, exploring the outdoors and creating adventures not sat behind a computer screen.
12. Everyone apart from Kendalians likes Kendal Mint Cake. And the majority of southerners won't have a clue where you are from (no I'm not from Scotland ... no not Manchester either ... there is a massive space in between)
13. Going to London is what I needed to show me that I couldn't live there.
14. It's ok if your dreams change, the chances are if it wasn't meant to be then you will find something better.
15. True friends are always going to be there when you need them, you don't need constant contact to be good friends its about who is there to support you.
16. And on that note for me its all about the quality not the quanity of friends. I have a group who I might not speak to everyday but when I do its like we have never been apart. At school is was always about having as many friends as you could to be popular but now that's a thing of the past.
17. The number on the scale does not define your worth
18. Live for the memories life brings, not every occasion needs to be pictured or documented.
19. I didn't think I wanted a big fuss for my wedding .. turns out I kind of do
20. The life I planned at 10 years old is definitely not where I am now ha oh to be young and innocent with no concept of money. But its ok because I'm happy with where I am and what I have.
21. Year 12 was the best school year. Fact.
22. I should never have gone to the party. ( Those who know ... you know)
23. Having a career in the fitness industry is bloody hard. The people I help make it all worth it.
24. I don't think my Hogwarts letter is ever going to come.
25. Listen to your body it knows what it needs and wants. Look after it well because you don't get another one.
26. Exercise releases endorphins, endorphins make you happy ... so it's good to move.
27. I've had a pretty epic time on this planet so far and I intend to keep doing so! Embracing the good times and trying to smile through the bad times because you can't get a rainbow without some rain.
Happy Birthday to me :)