Probably one of my most wanted recipes so here it is :) I had some apples that needed using up and as toffee apple is a classic flavour of the season it seemed like the perfect pairing. It is a cross between a flapjack and a cake and happens to be gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
Makes 9 bars
125g apple peeled and chopped
50g oat flour (I just blend normal oats its cheaper)
50g rolled oats
40g ground almonds
40g My Protein Apple Caramel Vegan Blend Protein
30g Beloved Date Nectar
1 egg white
75ml Alpro unsweetend almond milk
My Protein toffee flavdrops
* Mix apple in a bowl with a few drops of toffee flavdrop and 2 tsp cinnamon.
* In another bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and 1/2 tsp baking powder
* Add in the apple mix and stir
*In a bowl slightly melt the tahini and date nectar before whisking in the egg white and milk
*Add to apple mixture and combine throughly
* Spoon and flattened into a lined baking tin before baking at 160 degrees for 10 minutes
* Allow to cool, slice into squares and add on the drizzle.
* Drizzle is 20g Date Nectar, cinnamon and flavdrops to taste.
And the something extra ....
Chocolate Almond Truffles
30g Coconut Oil (Aldis own)
35g Beloved Date Nectar
20g Cocoa Powder
15g Ground Almonds
1/2 tsp Almond essence
*Melt the coconut oil and date nectar at medium heat in a pan.
*Once melted turn down the heat, stir in the cocoa and almonds
*When a paste like consistency is formed turn off the heat and add the essence
*Place into silicone moulds and freeze until set
Please tag me as usual in any recreations as I love seeing them :) #vickimptrecipe
Thanks Vicki xxx